Firearms Training Proctor
JOB ID #: CPRC2
REPORTS TO: Firearms Instructor
LOCATION: Various (Ontario – GTA, Hamilton, Niagara)
SALARY: $200 per session
The incumbent prepares and organizes official firearms safety exam documents and administrative documents, supplies exam packages to students, and supervises, proctors and marks written and practical examinations under the general supervision of a certified firearms safety course instructor/examiner, and furnishes post-exam instructions and general information. The incumbent also assists with related administrative duties, and occasional retail sales of merchandise.
• Labels, sorts, verifies and hands out exam packages to students, supervises and marks written and/or practical examinations, for certified firearms safety courses.
• Furnishes post-exam information and handles occasional retail merchandise sales.
• Unpack, count, label and verify written and practical examination documents for Canadian Firearms Safety Course and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course examinations.
• Sort and assemble exam packages consisting of the required written and practical exams, and other required documents.
• Supervise written and/or practical examinations, and marks written tests.
• Verify exams and related documents are completed correctly, record student marks on student course reports and other documentation as required.
• Provide any addition post-exam information, handouts, or answer questions
• Occasionally conduct retail merchandise sales on site, including maintaining cash float, providing receipts, and using Square credit card swipe device and smartphone app to complete transactions correctly.
• Assist with equipment and A/V set-up and tear down.
• Travel required.
• Minimum 2 years administrative, office management, instructional and/or law enforcement experience.
• Secondary school or equivalent education.
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
• Must be effective in oral and written communication in English.
• Must possess a valid Canadian Firearms Licence (Possession and Acquisition Licence) including restricted class firearms.
• Have a valid driver’s licence and access to own vehicle.
• Minimal direct supervision.
• Annual performance bonus.